All Things to Know About Benefits of CBD & Sleep
The alarm clock on your nightstand isn’t the only clock regulating your sleep.
Your internal “body clock” is the major driver behind our sleep patterns. Sleep is an integral part of regulating your health and immunity1. Yet, some 70% of Americans “regularly experience insufficient sleep.”2
What if there was a way to give that body clock a nudge in the right direction? That’s precisely what Woven Earth’s Sleep Full-Spectrum CBD capsules can help do. In this post, we’ll explore the top four reasons how our CBD can help restore healthy sleep patterns to get you the best rest possible.
1) CBD addresses stress and anxiety
CBD has been shown to help with general restlessness—and one of the ways it does it is by addressing perhaps the two most significant root problems found in those suffering from poor sleeping habits. Research concluded on anxiety and sleep by multiple universities and health centers in Colorado found that CBD effectively calmed the study’s participants’ anxiety to improve the quality of their sleep3. Similarly, research shows that CBD may “exert a therapeutic effect for social anxiety disorder4.” Instead of falling in and out of sleep due to hyperactive brain activity, the compound’s soothing sensation can allow CBD users to tune out runaway thoughts and get the rest their body craves.
2) CBD tackles pain and insomnia
We’ve all slipped into bed after a hard workout or a long day at the office and found it difficult to sleep due to wear and tear on our bodies. CBD’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties5 can relieve some of that soreness. Some studies have shown CBD can potentially reduce levels of cortisol3, a hormone that acts as an alarm and can cause us to develop insomnia.
3) Woven Earth adds ingredients for promotion of sleep
In addition to being a full-spectrum CBD product—our capsules also feature a blend of functional botanicals.
Take a look at the label on our sleep capsules, and one of the ingredients you’ll see listed is L-theanine, an amino acid that you might also find in your favorite tea for sleep. Similar to what we know happens with CBD, a published study in the Journal of Nutrition & Intermediary Metabolism found that L-theanine can mitigate stress and anxiety6.
Lemon balm—another ingredient in our sleep capsules—successfully reduced anxiety in participants7 in a study published in the medical journal Nutrients. Other additions, including GABA and ashwagandha, have also proven beneficial in producing healthier sleep patterns8 while being well-tolerated by humans.
4) We care about quality and the quality of a good night’s rest
Quality means everything to us, which is why we spend so much time and energy producing our full-spectrum CBD products. For instance, our products are all made with organic ingredients and no chemical pesticides or harsh solvents. Additionally, our lipid infusion process never involves ethanol or unhealthy additives but rather the use of organic coconut oil. It all comes down to this: Put good in, get good out.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you may be able to fall asleep faster and sleep deeper without the risk of a prescription or habit-forming medication, pick up the Sleep Full-Spectrum CBD capsules from Woven Earth today. Read this article about Ashwagandha if you are looking for another alternative that may help alleviate stress, insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- 1 National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute, SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND DEFICIENCY What Are Sleep Deprivation and Deficiency; 2022.
- 2 Sara E Alger, Challenging the stigma of workplace napping; Sleep, Volume 42, Issue 8, August 2019.
- 3 Scott Shannon, MD, Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series, 2019.
- 4 Simon Zhornitsky, Cannabidiol in humans-the quest for therapeutic targets, 2012.
- 5 Sinemyiz Atalay, Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol; 2020.
- 6 J.M.Everett, Theanine consumption, stress and anxiety in human clinical trials: A systematic review; 2016.
- 7 Andrew Scholey, Anti-Stress Effects of Lemon Balm-Containing Foods; 2014.
- 8 Mounika Basani, Electroencephalogram Correlates the Role of Ashwagandha in Sleep and Memory Promoting Effect; 2021.